- Not Logged InLogin
Golden Gardens Park - Green Seattle Day at ...11/03/2018
Have a hand in restoring Seattle's forests during our biggest party of the year, Green Seattle Day. We want you to dig in and to get out into your local neighborhood to help us kick off our planting season. Join the fun at Golden Gardens Park, and be one of hundreds of volunteers planting thousands of plants in parks throughout the Emerald City! All community members are welcome, and no experience is necessary! The event is family friendly and open to all ages. Volunteers will plant trees and other plants that will become the future forest of the park. We hope that you will all lend a hand in the neighborhoods you live in and to volunteer at the closest park near you!
Open to the public
All ages OK
57 out of 50 volunteers registered.
What to Bring
Come dressed for the weather (rain or shine) in clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Wear sturdy closed-toe shoes (rubber boots, hiking shoes or boots), long sleeves, long pants, warm layers and rain jacket. We'll have tools and gloves for you to use, as well as coffee, water, and a mid-morning snack. Help reduce waste by bringing your own refillable coffee mug/water bottle if you have one.
Where to Meet
Directions to Golden Gardens Park
• Starting from I-5, take exit 172 (N 85th St)
• Drive west on 85th Street for 3.3 miles
• At T-intersection, turn right onto 32nd Ave
• Drive 0.6 miles, follow the main road as it veers left and turns into Golden Gardens Drive NW
• Turn right into parking lot for dog park
• Walk from parking lot toward dog park and we meet at restroom building
• The GPS coordinates are: 47.689762 / -122.400090
Where to Park
Parking lot for dog park