- Not Logged InLogin
Discovery Park - Green Seattle Day at …11/03/2018
Have a hand in restoring Seattle's forests during our biggest party of the year, Green Seattle Day! We want you to dig in and to get out into your local neighborhood to help us kick off our planting season. Join Mountains to Sound Greenway at Discovery Park, and be one of hundreds of volunteers planting thousands of plants in parks throughout the Emerald City! All community members are welcome, and no experience is necessary! The event is family friendly and open to all ages. Volunteers will plant trees and other plants that will become the future forest of the park. We hope that you will all lend a hand in the neighborhoods you live in and to volunteer at the closest park near you!
Open to the public
All ages OK
138 out of 101 participants registered.
What to Bring
Warm layers, rain gear and a full water bottle.
Where to Meet
We will meet in the Discovery Park South Parking Lot
Google Map: click here
- Take the exit for NE 45th ST.
- From the exit ramp, head WEST (a left hand turn if you are coming from the south and a right hand turn if you are coming from the north) merge onto NE 45th ST.
- Follow NE 45th ST west. It travels under US99 and then becomes 46th ST and then N MARKET ST as you near Ballard.
- From MARKET ST, turn LEFT onto 15th AVE NW crossing over BALLARD BRIDGE.
Just as you leave the bridge, turn right onto W EMERSON ST.
- Follow W EMERSON ST to a 4-way intersection where you turn RIGHT onto GILMAN AVE W. Stay on GILMAN AVE W as it turns into W GOVERNMENT WAY.
- Take a Left onto 34th Ave W at the 4-way stop after the Shell gas station.
- Take a RIGHT onto W Emerson St. Follow W Emerson St until you see the Mountains to Sound Greenway Event sign. Check for street parking first before turning into the park.
- Look for Greenway signs and staff.
Where to Park
Please use street parking along West Emerson street and neighborhood streets if possible for this event. There will be an event sign to the quick walking path into the park from the street! Thank you for understanding - we are expecting over 100 volunteers and are trying to keep some parking for other park users!
Date & Time
November 3, 2018 9am - 12pm
Event leaders - Dan Hintz (206) 735-1027 and Caroline Villanova (206) 503-5463