- Not Logged InLogin
Genesee Park and Playfield - Green Seattle Day with ...11/02/2019
Plant a forest and grow community! Help us create a healthier, happier, and greener Seattle by coming out to our biggest planting event of the year – Green Seattle Day! From creating wildlife habitat, to combating climate change, and providing a place for residents to recreate: having a hand in Green Seattle Day is one of the best ways to give back to your neighbors, parks, and your local forest.
Join the fun with EarthCorps at Genesee Park and be one of hundreds of volunteers planting native trees, shrubs, and groundcovers that will become the future forest of Seattle. All community members are welcome, and no experience is necessary! The event is family friendly and open to all ages.
Open to the public
All ages OK
80 out of 85 volunteers registered.
What to Bring
For your safety and comfort, please bring:
• Clothing that can get dirty (because it will!)
• Sturdy shoes that can handle some mud (closed toed shoes are required: work boots, hiking boots, rubber boots, etc. No sandals, flats, or heels)
• Long pants and long-sleeve shirt (for prickly plants)
• Rain gear and warm layers (check the weather!)
• Sack lunch and snacks (to refuel)
• Full bottle of water (we will have a water jug on site to refill)
• Travel mug for tea/coffee
• If you have a favorite pair of gloves, feel free to bring them (otherwise we're happy to provide a pair)
Youth under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or responsible adult. Any volunteers between the ages of 14 and 17 that are not with an adult must bring a filled out Youth Waiver the day of the event.
Where to Meet
4316 S Genesee St., Seattle, WA 98118. This address directs you to the park, but we will actually be meeting on the grassy field slightly S of the intersection of 43rd Ave S and S. Bradford St. If you are at the main parking lot (the above address directs you to this lot), you will turn onto 43rd Ave S from S Genesee St.
Keep an eye out for the orange EarthCorps signs to lead the way!
Where to Park
Street parking can be found along 43rd Ave S.
From I-5 Northbound:
- Take exit 157 for ML King Way
- Merge onto Martin Luther King Jr Way S
- Turn right onto S Othello St
- Turn left onto Rainier Ave S
- Turn right onto 42nd Ave S
- Turn right onto S Genesee St
- Turn left onto 43rd Ave S.
From I-5 Southbound:
- Take exit 164 for Interstate 90 E toward Bellevue/Spokane
- Keep left, follow signs for Interstate 90 E/Bellevue/Spokane
- Keep left at the fork and merge onto I-90 E
- Take exit 3 for Rainier Ave S
- Turn right onto Rainier Ave S
- Turn left onto S Genesee St.
- Turn left onto 43rd Ave S
- Check route options on Metro Trip Planner: click here