- Not Logged InLogin
Golden Gardens Park - Green Seattle Day at …11/06/2021
Plant a forest and grow community! Help us create a healthier, happier, and greener Seattle by coming out to kick off planting Season on Green Seattle Day! From creating wildlife habitat, to combating climate change, and providing a place for residents to recreate: having a hand in Green Seattle Day is one of the best ways to give back to your neighbors, parks, and your local forest.
Join the fun with the Golden Gardens Forest Stewards and be one of hundreds of volunteers across the city planting native trees, shrubs, and groundcovers that will become the future forest of Seattle. All community members are welcome, and no experience is necessary! The event is family friendly and open to all ages.
Open to the public
All ages OK
27 out of 25 volunteers registered.
What to Bring
Please arrive wearing a mask. Come dressed for the weather (rain or shine) in clothes you don’t mind getting dirty. Wear sturdy closed-toe shoes (rubber boots, hiking shoes or boots), long sleeves, long pants, warm layers and rain jacket. We'll have tools and gloves for you to use, as well as coffee, water, and a mid-morning snack. Help reduce waste by bringing your own refillable coffee mug/water bottle if you have one!
Where to Meet
Directions to Golden Gardens Park
• Starting from I-5, take exit 172 (N 85th St)
• Drive west on 85th Street for 3.3 miles
• At T-intersection, turn right onto 32nd Ave
• Drive 0.6 miles, following the main road as it veers left and turns into Golden Gardens Drive NW
• Turn right into parking lot for dog park
• Walk from parking lot toward dog park and we meet at restroom building
• The approximate address is: Golden Gardens Drive NW, Seattle, WA 98117
• The GPS coordinates are: 47.689762 / -122.400090
If you get lost, call Doug at (206) 794-4520
Where to Park
Parking lot for dog park.